Thursday, November 19, 2009

By the Sea Side

The night is so calm and dull
as I sat by the sea watching at the stars
The nippy breeze blew past by me
as it drew my thoughts away.

How can the ocean remains serene and tranquil
when thunders are roaring from a distance a far
is it because this world is a void
or simply because I have lost my sanity.

I tried to think of other things
and look the other way around
but it seems to be futile in exercise
for no matter what I do
the waves of memories just keep on rushing back to me.

As the nightangale sings its melodramatic song
I melancholy reminisce the past
When you were still by my side
singing songs of love made by heaven's lyre.

My tears run down as I look back
to the days when I acted like a fool
Never did it occur to me
that you were already bleeding inside
simply by loving me
for it imprisons you in a frozen coccoon of misery.


Now that you're gone I'm always here by the sea side
holding a pen in my hand and looking at the skies
as I try to write a poem with my teary eyes
and wish that somehow, someday it'll reach to the place where you lie.

The leaves on the trees are now falling
and the moon beams its rays on me
but I'll never leave this side
untill the day that I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment